Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Laaaazy loosener today

Typical Mon/Tues running routine is to bang out my favorite Southie loop. Finding myself far too stiff and tired to do it yesterday, today dawned with still stiff knees but the need to get in some miles.

I shambled out around 7:00 p.m. into a balmy 37 degree evening, heavy with fog and cloud cover. No stars or moon to see on the causeway, but the air was wet and thick, with just the beginning of that spring/summer scent of salt and fish. There was no wind at all, and the dark water in Pleasure Bay was outright glassy looking--so smooth the city building lights were perfectly reflected down the red lights at the top of the Pru and Hancock. On the harbor side, even the waves hitting the rocks were soft and calm. The perfect night for a laaazy run, which was what tonight was. I forced myself to take it slow and easy, I wandered a bit in the middle to enjoy the evening, and I kept the overall run short and sweet--about 5.5 miles.

Exactly what my sore knees, back, and hamstrings needed after Derry.

No comments: