Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday's 10-mile taper

Took the polish off my toes this week to find two black toenails, and a third looking as though it's thinking of joining them. Oops. Maybe I'll just paint them. A dark color. :) But, though my feet are looking pretty gross, I am considering them a badge of honor.

Nothing much to say about this run--Caitlin and I ran an out-and-back 10 miles, starting near her apartment in Beacon Hill, heading down Comm Ave, and turning around 5 miles and some change down. A few moderate hills, but nothing like last week's run, and nothing like what I suspect next week's Derry race to hold...

The rest of my day holds a nap and a birthday party. I heart long weekends...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Abby (that's just funny),

I'm so proud of your progress and huge goal of running the Boston. Who are we kidding? I'm incredibly jealous :)

Blue toenails are normal. So is chaffing.

My only advice that I'll dish out for your first marathon is this: Drink lots of water and some gatorade/powerade!!!!! (Extra exclamation points necessary).

Love - Michelle Nyhus