Sunday, January 13, 2008

May you run and not grow weary, walk and not faint. --Isaiah 40:31

This morning 15.25 miles on a beautiful, but extremely hilly course. I ran...but definitely grew weary. But I didn't walk. And I didn't faint. And that's victory enough for me. :)

I did attempt some proactive thinking, shouting "I LOVE HILLS!" while running up them, in hopes that it would come true. (It didn't.) In any event, it was a lovely and strong run, even relatively fast, at 2:35 (or so).

My plans for the rest of the day include the following: sweatpants, water, gatorade, and Mexican food. Ah, bliss...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I can still hang with someone who admits yelling, "I Love Hills," but luckily you have plenty of redemptive qualities. Abby G, your words and deeds are inspiring; if only they were contagious! I can't wait to cheer you on in April. I also can't wait for global domination, coming to a Thursday near you!

Anonymous said...

Keep it up AbbyG...I love hearing/reading about your runs...though I personally loathe hills.

Is that a Bible reference in your post? :)