Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year! (6.77)

The only thing disappointing about last night's run was its distance--I was wholly convinced I'd run around 7.5 miles, but today mapped it out at 6.77. Damn. This was my route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1524455 (the best part is definitely the causeway--that brief moment in the dark when there is water on both sides of you, and inky black in front and back--the only noise the water, your feet...ok, and sometimes whatever's on the ipod, though this is a frequent shutoff point).

It was a cool night, but overall not too shabby--comfortable in a layer on top and layer on bottom. Today is outright frigid, and I am not sad to hear that tomorrow's 5:30 a.m. is a no-go, as I will happily log some treadmill miles in shorts instead.

No comments: