Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Monday's yog with Dan the Man (and the neighbor)

Monday! A holiday! No work! No school for teachers! Ah...Monday. :)

A nice, leisurely Presidents' Day for this cat...cozy sleep in, delicious hot coffee, late brunch...all just bits and pieces of my lovely day. The day was wet, but warm, and I shambled over to the neighbor's to see if there were any takers for a calm jog through Southie. Dan, who's about 25-26, and has run a few short ones with me before, was in. We angled down to Castle Island, looped the short way around Pleasure Bay, and headed back via East, then West, Broadway toward home, enjoying a nice chat along the way.

Or at least I thought so...until later, when Dan popped back over to say hello and meet my charming and attractive (and male) dinner guest, and blurted out several of the things I'd mentioned (about said charming, attractive, and male dinner guest). Ah, red. The color of my face, ears, and neck for the next 15 minutes. Thanks, Dan. (Next time you tell me you want to slow down, by the way, I'm not going to. So there.)

A nice run. And good company. And no harm, no foul, for all my teasing via the bliggity blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh smash-ed potatoes...just the way mom used to make them. Good dinner chica :)

Anonymous said...

Smashed potatoes, wonderful. Just remember who taught you to make them. And a nice carbohydrate, full of fiber, after a good run.