Sunday, February 10, 2008

18 = Divine 9 x 2 (look, ma, I can do math)

:)

Some days it just works, in a moving pounding hello world kind of way. Today, the longest I've ever run, at 18 miles, was a day that it just worked. Don't get me wrong, running still freakishly hard, but there are definitely harder things, and this one I can hack. At least for this distance and duration, a neat 2:45 (about a 9:15-ish mile).

Side note, much as I love my sweet new (now to be referred to as old) kicks, they are already upwards of 200 miles, so I popped over to the Marathon Sports on Boylston and grabbed a second pair, along with a pair of tights that might actually (probably will) outperform the legs to be put inside them. (So intimidating I think the two legs of the tights are plotting a type of coup--and may have already gotten to the shoes even.) My dilemma now is a truly tough one--how do I tell my sweet kicks apart? True, my old ones have red laces, but...I do love me some red laces. Will I be able to avoid the desire (need) to have red laces in every pair of running shoes I own? Only time will tell.

Shoes, tights, and tangents aside--today was a great run. Beautiful weather, until the last three, during which some cold rain came out of nowhere; good company as always; and my favorite running feelings--that miles are miles, and it's good to be alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark each pair of shoes A and B, etc. to tell them apart...