Saturday, October 4, 2008

Running to...the altar??


This past week, a week of vacation in a tropical paradise, was a momentous one, full of firsts:

My first:
Trip to Puerto Rico
Chance to swim in the azure waters of the Caribbean
Time snorkeling
Chance to meet Jared's friends Jose and Elisabeth
Sailing expedition
Swim in a bioluminescent bay, every drop of water sparkling like a diamond

But the most important thing of this past week, a first and only, and by far the most exciting--Jared and I got engaged last Saturday :D

No plans to set a date, so no actual "running to the altar," but this was far too exciting a development not to broadcast it all about the blue nowhere and phone lines (and once to a checkout girl at the grocery store, who obviously didn't speak English).

And also very exciting (though I admit it to be secondary to the first, something for which I think I can be forgiven), today received the news that I'll be back at the Boston Marathon in 2009.

See you there, fellow runners. I'll be the one in running shoes, still smiling ear to ear with my incredible luck at landing such an incredible man.

4 comments:

bumblebe said...

Yes,he is a good man.It is quite obvious that you make him happy.Also,obvious that he makes you happy.Happy for you both.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Very exciting! See you on the 1st DFMC run!

Anonymous said...

Now if you can only entice your handsome fiance to run with you.... I, on the other hand, only run to the kitchen to get another cookie.

You are obviously two very happy people and we're happy for you.

JROD said...

I do my best to keep up with her :)

JROD got some new shoes tonight... I'm coming off of a 6 week break (due to knee probs)... You can catch us in the Fresh Pond area running tonight!