Saturday, October 11, 2008

An Early Thursday with B, and the New Blog Look

I've decided that even though it stinks, there's something to be said about getting up before dawn to get your run in--you're essentially done for the day. The problem is that if you get a late start, you can't run as far, as you have a timeline for the day already. Also, once you're up that early, you don't want to "waste" having lost all that glorious sleep--meaning even if the weather is crappy you'll run in it.

That's basically how my run with Brenda went on Thursday morning. A late start in the rain meant just over 3 miles rather than 5, in soggy, drizzly weather. Kudos to B, though, who didn't complain as we bumbled our way through my dark and mysterious new neighborhood, as I used babble to keep her from noticing our meandering course.

Still, we made it home in one piece, after some quality conversation. I promise I'll actually map a route next time...

Next up, 6 (or so) with Jared as we start a post-vacation cram for the Seacoast Half in November...

In another news, you've surely noticed the "new look" of See Abby Run! I thought a new marathon year deserved a bit of a makeover, but would love to hear your thoughts--check on the poll in the left sidebar, and please leave a comment letting me know how you think things could be improved!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Needs a little more color! It was tough to vote, because the blue on blue was REALLY hard to read. But of course I suspect most of your readers don't have cataracts and macular degeneration....