Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Score tied with frozen tundra

Today is Christmas, but yesterday, Christmas Eve, was to be a day for running. As soon as I heard the temperature (a frisky 9 degrees), I opted to run inside. I began with laps on the local YMCA's tiny track--after 10 of these (equalling one mile), I moved to a treadmill, where I banged out another three miles. Not a particularly interesting run (I kept running but didn't seem to get anywhere), nor a comfortable one (frozen tundra gets an extra point for my aching spine and joints from the 12-er), but I am convinced that it was character-building. This was definitely a "token run."

Merry Christmas all. I won't run today, but will carb-load, with sugary tom-n-jerry's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The character building runs are the true test - well done on sticking with the run, even though I have to agree that treadmill jogs are the worst!

I did giggle a little at the thought of you running in teeny tiny circles on the track....kind of a dizzy bat game but for runners.

Hope you had a great holiday!!