Thursday, December 27, 2007

Let's call this one a draw...

Today I mustered up my courage and headed back out into the tundra (well, more accurately, the streets of Jamestown, ND). At a brisk 15 degrees, it was a day for multiple layers--base, tights, underamour, fleece, hat and mittens. I decided to listen to my ipod today--the soundtrack of this lovely and cold 7.5 miles was saturated with Ingrid Michaelson and Gorrilaz--then seasoned with a dash of the superfunk of Galactic and a spare pinch of Ms. Britney Spears. I took the same pipestem loop and across the dam that I did with Evan last week, then looped up College Hill to the YMCA. (It was around this point that I was forced to admit I could no longer feel my nose, and conceded the run was a draw.)

A good run overall, and most likely my last in NoDak, as tomorrow is my last day here, and I'll likely play pickup hoops with the guys at the Y for an hour or two instead of running. Then back to Boston for a long weekend run with Caitlin.

Next post to contain additional information on the Claudia Adams-Barr program at Dana-Farber and where exactly the funds raised by all these miles will be going--rest assured that this is a great cause, and that we are doing real work to find a cure for cancer. If you haven't donated yet, and would like to, just go to the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge website, which is at www.dfmc.org, then click the support a runner link, and type in my name. This will route you directly to my fundraising page. As you donate, or as you read my blog, please do let me know who you are donating on behalf of, or if there is someone you'd like me to run for--I am happy to donate every single mile that comes out of these legs to those that have passed, those that have recovered, and those that continue to fight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While Abby ran and ran in the cold, I lifted weights at the nice warm Y. Much preferred to running outside.