Sunday, February 15, 2009

21.5 Miles in Two Runs + One Gorgeous Mug

After last Sunday's 18, there was cross-training for Monday, and a surly, if also short, 4.5 miles with Jared along the river. Unfortunately, life caught up to me for the next several days after that, and I'm embarrassed to say that not only did I not run for those 4 days, I did no working out of ANY kind. Shameful.

Today, however, another 18-miler loomed. Yesterday, having been confined to the car for 8 hours,* I restricted my water consumption, never a good thing the day before logging long miles...

Jared also needed a long run before next week's Hyannis Half, so the two of us trotted out about 10 miles (later found to be closer to 9) along the newly named Loch Ness Loop--ending at our corner. With a smooch and a wave, I was back off down Mass Ave to finish off my mileage, which ultimately ended up around 17.

And ick, it was NOT fun mileage. I'd like to blame it on any number of things, but I did, after all, take four days off...not to mention last week's 18-miler was in the best possible weather. But via a sad combination of run hobble walk stretch run hobble walk stretch, I made it back home in one piece, to play with....

*Copley. The lovely, playful, precarious Dane puppy we spent 14 hours in the car for this weekend, as we trekked to Buffalo to get her and back. She is asleep now at the feet of my beloved and I...after much playing, eating, and of course, more sleeping.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Copley is adorable! (And in case you don't look at Facebook - it was me who yelled to you guys on the River on Tuesday night!)

Anonymous said...

I think he has your mothers eyes.

bumblebe said...

Pops is so damn funny!!!!

Jill said...

Copley is just so stinking cute!