Saturday, January 10, 2009

Who Says Running Isn't Rewarding?

With every mile Jared and I run together, we put a dollar, for each of us, into what has come to be known as the Cincinnati pig.*

That money has just paid off for us, as we removed from it the deposit for this darling, who'll be coming home February 21.
*The Cincinnati pig was a gift to Jared. Right before a series of work trips for me, Jared and I played the game "Pass the Pigs" with some friends. Later, the two of us went to get ice cream at a local Ben & Jerry's, where I loudly exclaimed, "Look! A pig!" at the large, pig-shaped tip jar at the cashier. It wasn't until Jared started laughing and clutching his sides that I realized there were two police offices directly in front of us, paying for their ice cream...later, on my last trip, flying home from the Cincinnati airport, I bought Jared the piggybank.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love it! I bet they were pleased!

Your new darling is just perfect! We can't wait to meet her!!!