Monday, May 26, 2008

Pre-Earthfest 4

Saturday of this past Memorial Day weekend brought the annual "Earthfest" to Boston, and with it thousands of pot-smoking hippies.

Jared and his roommate Serge headed out early to save a spot near the stage--the main act this year was Cake. I admit fully to being crazy, wonderfully, googly-eyed, head over heals for one JRod--press play on the video below if you want to hear my new favorite (and applicable) Cake song.



While the men staked their turf, I met Brenda for a quick 4-miler around the river--for those in the area who run, this would be the Mass Ave bridge to Museum of Science bridge loop. Along the way, we ran into Jared, looking a bit fatigued with bags and a full cooler in tow, on his way to meet his roommate.

During the miles, we caught up on work, life, and dating (now HE can chase the carrot, B! And I of course rambled on about the wonderfulness of one JRod...). Post run, the two of us settled our sweaty selves on the steps of her apartment for a photo op.



Later, B came down to the Hatch Shell to join us for some Gatorade (with vodka) and Cake. Here's us again, her having showered, me having...changed. For a full run-down on the Earthfest events, CLICK HERE.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Thanks again for a super fun day! Nice blog post. And I've fixed the offending photo on my blog. Well, not so much "fixed" as "replaced." I'm not so crafty with picture retouching.