Monday, December 1, 2008

Running builds character, and to share...or not to share?

Running while its raining only builds wet character.

I logged a surly 5 miles with Jared today, my stiff muscles (honestly, who works out all four days of Thanksgiving weekend?) protesting through mile 3, the gremlin in my kneecap gnawed through mile 4, and with the last mile, the Dizzle Squizzle Starbucks in sight (that's right, on a weeknight--lushes, the both of us), the universe decided to add insult to injury--with a previously balmy night suddenly overtaken by frigid rain.

Bolting home, our coffees in hand, I could only reflect on the rewards to come. I've found that sometimes, in order to get myself out the door, like tonight, I have to promise myself a reward--in this case, a hot, steaming dark roast, with just a dash of half & half.

This past weekend, the joy of a lusciously foamy Tom & Jerry was my sweet reward for logging some long, hilly miles. Last night, I shared the goodness with fellow runner, B, who of course asked for the recipe...necessitating some debate with my family regarding whether or not the recipe should be shared.

Please, family, friends, and utter and complete strangers in need of a hot, boozy winter pick-me-up--vote.
Should the secret family recipe for Tom and Jerry's be made public?
Yes! Please! I beg of you! Change my hot toddy of choice!
No, I prefer not to imbibe in the spririt of Christmas.
Maybe? I'm not sure if I'm ready to learn to fish.
(Unequivocal) YES! The fate of the free world rests on the cup rim of Tom and his good friend Jerry.
No, you barbarian traitor to your own family.
Don't Care--I'm a vegan.
  
pollcode.com free polls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It begins to look as if sharing the secret family recipe on your blog is ... OK! I say, go for it, and give peace a chance.