Sunday, September 7, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

Ok, I admit it.

Last week I received email notification that its time to do or die--to sign up for the 2009 Boston Marathon.

And I hate to say it, folks, but I've decided to pass this year.

I know, I know. All this talk. But I've decided to spend the spring banging out several halfs, and the Derry Boston Prep, a 16-miler often equipped with horrendous January weather. I am also leaning toward a fall marathon--preferably local. Maybe Marine Corps in D.C.? Might be a lot of fun to run by the monuments with a bunch of Marines shouting encouragement...

All of this said, the thought remains in me that I'll be missing out on a lot of things--the camaraderie, the sense of doing something great. So I'll leave you with this, patient and forgiving blog readers, please, please, continue to donate your time and any charitable $$ to the cause of your choice, and continue to be a part of something greater. We CAN make a difference. A small contribution on the parts of many can change the world.

And if Dana-Farber is your charity of choice, please check out Brenda's marathon blog at marathonbrenda.blogspot.com. She should have a link up to donate to Dana-Farber sometime around mid-October. You can also follow her quest to run a faster marathon as she raises money to continue the fight to find a cure.

2 comments:

JROD said...

There are plenty more Boston Marathon years for you, my love. You know I'll be there cheering you on whenever you decide to run it again.

Vicky Vacation said...

Inteeresting read