Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday, my second RW run...and at last heading home

Today is Thursday, and with it the second run (but third day) of the Runner's World Fast 5K plan...

In any event, Day 2 called for a light run, cross-training, or rest--I choose rest, with an ulterior motive. After a long and lovely dinner with Jared, I needed some miles (red meat, mashed potatoes, appetizers, an a cold beer--caloric glory) to regain some balance. (So worth it, even with no run.:))

Today, Day 3 for me, called for a 45-minute run, followed by 4 uphill repeats of .1 mile, with the downhill jog between each.

I shambled out toward my temporary office, iPod tucked in the waistband of my shorts, through suburban neighborhoods, past the smell of freshly mowed grass, up and down streets, hills, highway. It was nice. :)

I motored through the four little hill repeats at a quick pace, and noticed my SWEET NEW WATCH (Ok, it's no Garmin, but it was $15) was at about 52 minutes--in which case, a girl might as well cool down for another 8 or so.

I got back to the hotel hot, sweaty, happy--and ready for Game 4.

But the best part? Tomorrow I am back in Beantown. :)

1 comment:

JROD said...

Nice surprise babe...can't wait till your back today...and for our run tomorrow morning at the Fells...