Sunday, March 15, 2009

7 Hours with Dana-Farber

The quick version, today's run by the numbers:

Time Jared got out of bed: 6:00 a.m.
Time Jared forced me to get out of bed: 6:15 a.m.
Pieces of peanut butter toast consumed: 2
Cups of tea for the road: 2
Warehouses visited in Waltham to pick up DFMC materials: 1
DFMC materials: 4 tables, 12 bottles Gatorade, 1.5 cases of water, 150 paper cups, 2 bags M&Ms, 1.5 boxes Fig Newtons, 3 DFMC signs, 3 plastic bins*
Miles run: 19.5
Time taken to run said mileage: 3 hours 12 minutes
Minutes spent helping pack up DFMC materials, heading back to the warehouse to unload it with Jared and DFMC head honcho of the day Steve: 78
Frolicking runners in said warehouse: 1
Total time spent in DFMC activities: 7 hours

I'm pooped.

*Approximates only. There's no way I can remember the exact amounts...

5 comments:

JROD said...

The DFMC warehouse is exactly like the closing scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark... I want to know what Jack keeps behind all of those other secret doors!

Anonymous said...

What a day; you must be exhausted and I hope you ate LOTS of carbs and protein to replace what you lost. Make sure to eat enough. I will eat for you but I'm not sure if it will help you any (or me, for that matter).

Unknown said...

Number of bags of peanut m&ms spilled all over: 1. :) Thanks to me! Good to see you guys - can't wait til Copley joins in the fun!!!

Jack-san said...

Whew! What a day!

Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting on Sunday to make the run such a success. (and now you know how most of my Sunday's go - sans 19.5 miles of running:)

CU both soon - Jack

PS - whatever is behind all those other doors....I have no idea?

sarah said...

WOW! I would consider this an ULTRA event! Great job, Jared and Abby