Sunday, March 16, 2008

St. Paddy's in Southie

Sorry, guys, no 10-15 on Saturday morning due to icky, icky New England rain. My idea was to wait for it to blow over. It did. When it turned to snow around 10:00 a.m. Caitlin and I rescheduled for Monday. So why, you are thinking, is there a blog?

Ok, so this may not really be a running blog either (I know! Two!), but...last night was the infamous St. Patrick's Day throwdown at the WBB. This year we had decided to ask any and all guests to freely throw in some dollars at the door for Dana Farber. If they wanted to contribute less ($2 was the lowest, I think, and--not to cover the keg, but to go to to be fair, this was the entirety that this generous soul had in his wallet), that was fine. However, a number of guests went the other route and happily offered $10-20. So, without further ado, here is the night by the numbers:

Time of start: 4:00 p.m.
Time of end: approximately 2:00 a.m.
Cupcakes consumed: 19 (I was responsible for two...ok, three.)
Beers or other beverages consumed: countless (one by yours truly even)
Pounds of other assorted snacklike foods consumed: 8-10 (this is only my best guess, of course)
Times I described the Claudia Adams Barr Program: 7 (also only an estimate)
People not wearing green: 4 (spoilsports)
Past and present CAC ballers in attendance: 9+

Signs (see left) created by stellar roommates Liz and Katie the previous weekend as a surprise for yours truly: 1
Dollars raised: $600+

Thank you. All of you, for throwing in, for hanging out, and for being so very, very supportive along the road. You are all the difference and I hope you know how much you are appreciated.*

PS A real running blog is to come, I promise, as four of us ran the 5K road race this morning. :)


*Special props to Katie, who once had to deal with some severe GI distress as I darted into the bathroom post a heinous 5:30 a.m. Thursday run. While she was in the shower. I owe you one...but please don't collect.

No comments: